Friday, June 8, 2012

Lord, I thank Thee...



Ever felt that you probably don't deserve all the good fortunes coming your way? Well, I sometimes do. Like just recently, I kept expecting all these goodies will vanish into thin air, and then I will be awaken in a much unfriendlier circumstances, but so far, things are going well and smooth with no signs of all these being just a dream.

Of course, I'm not hoping for things to blow up in my face, or to jinx myself for that matter.

Far from that.

It's just that I seriously doubt that I did enough good deeds to receive all these blessings. And although I am very thankful and grateful, I have to admit that I haven't been expressing them nearly often enough. At least not according to my religion's standard.

It's obvious that I'm not a model practitioner of my religion. I very rarely pray 5 times a day, I haven't exactly been trying my hardest to avoid temptations, and even if I have been, often times that's not nearly enough to steer clear of trouble.

So here I am, feeling extremely blessed, yet somewhat ashamed to others that had done much better in making their life useful according to the Creator's will, but didn't fare quite as...lucky..?

Well... Isn't this a weird turn of mood on a Friday night.

Enough reflecting, let's go club-hopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment