Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lost and found



I lost my berry last Friday.

For the second time around. Meaning, until today, I have successfully lost a total of 2 berries so far. I just pray that number is already fixed and ain't counting still.

And "strangely" enough, the berry I lost that Friday was already almost lost previously in a similar event held by the exact same organizer. Coincidence? Perhaps... But I highly doubt it.

I felt sorta disoriented and lost at first. And for those of you who laughed at that, c'mon, admit it, we live in a society that thinks there's something not quite right when you leave the house without having any gadget on your person.

But then I adapt, and in that gadget-less state, I found peace.

Of course, once in awhile my mind strayed to wonder whether anyone is looking for, calling or messaging me. And I also wonder, among those fantasy calls/messages, was there any that's meant to offer me extra money on the side? Or want to take me out for a night of fun, all expenses paid? And at times I would also think of what's happening in twitterverse, but above all else, I thought about the pain it's gonna be to update my contact list...  >.<

A point is proven though. That it's doable, and it's possible for me to survive it.

Still, for a person making a living in an industry that's all about communicating messages, I fully realized that I can't stay this way for too long. Got things to do and people I should get in touch with for those things to be done.

So, I'll be getting a replacement one of these days. I've yet to decide on what, but I guess I can always use that "yet to decide" excuse to extend this gadget-less existence.

Until then, I'll be enjoying this new-found tranquility...

No comments:

Post a Comment