Friday, January 4, 2013

Hope everlasting



I believe there are mainly 3 types of Jakartans.

The 1st are the ones that rush into a packed transjkt bus, although they can see that several other buses are coming in less than a minute away, with a chance of having more space (to pack into).

The 2nd, those who will squint their eyes trying to achieve superhuman sight to scrutinize and x-ray the incoming transjkt buses, so that they can determine which bus is the ideal one (to pack into).

The 3rd are those who don't bother with transjkt and swear by other means of transportation altogether.

Me? I'm the 2nd type.

I'll be the guy who will try my best to select the least packed bus, in that eternal hope to find an empty seat.

For the sake of an empty seat, I'll go as far as to sacrifice the chance to share the same bus with very attractive persons of the opposite sex.

I'll even switch buses in the next shelter, if I'm certain that the bus behind mine offers better chance of an empty seat.

I'm just wired that way, with a glass half full circuitry, so to speak.

Still, for all my hunting of bus seats, I'll gladly surrender mine to those in need. Like the elderly, those who are pregnant, and those with tykes. Other than those 3 categories, you're most probably won't be getting my seat, even if you're a highly attractive female.

Simply because I'm an equal opportunity kinda guy.

And besides, my lap is -- perfectly empty.

See, ladies?

No comments:

Post a Comment